Taoist Meditation on Healing Colors of Light
In Taoist views the four seasons (five if you include “Indian Summer”) are strongly associated with emotional moods and bodily energies. Healing colored light is also part of this viewpoint. For each of the colors we use, follow the process noted below.
- Sit quietly and breathe calmly.
- Circle your arms palms open above your head to collect the healing energy potential.
- Place your hands over your heart at first, then when ready move them to cup your knees and pull up a little.
- Allow the colored healing light to do its healing work inside you, and be open to imagination and suggestion.
- At the end of each color meditation, imagine releasing dark negative energies from your body.
For White Healing Light (think about courage and righteous justice), Bright Blue Healing Light (think about inner stillness, gratitude and gentleness), Bright Green Healing Light (think about kindness, generosity, and forgiveness), Bright Red Healing Light (think about joy, happiness, honor, and love), Bright Yellow Healing Light (think about fairness, openness, and balance) AND now use any combination your wish – Follow the process noted and listen for guidance. In the combination feel whatever comes up in your upper chest, then in your heart area, and finally in your lower belly.
For more information on sound and color healing meditation, refer to C. Mantak (2009). The Six Healing Sounds: Taoist Techniques for Balancing Chi. Rochester, VT: Destiny Books [CD].
Anthony R. Quintiliani, PhD., LADC
From the Eleanor R. Liebman Center for Secular Meditation in Monkton, Vermont and the Home of The Monkton Sangha
Author of Mindful Happiness
New Edition of Mindful Happiness in Production…Coming soon!