Yoga Nidra and Your Inner Peace
Yoga Nidra will allow you to relax like you may never have relaxed before. Follow these modified instructions for your best relaxed state. If at any time during Yoga Nidra you feel uncomfortable, simply stop and breathe in a manner that restores equilibrium. Although this uncomfortable outcome is highly unlikely.
- Before we begin, lay down on your back in a comfortable position. Place your hands in prayer pose. Say namaste (I bow to you) to yourself silently, then outlaid a few times.
- Now move into corpse pose (on your back with your arms out to the sides), and notice your body-awareness. Say OM to yourself silently – say it several times. The say silently: “I am in a state of joy here.” Then say: “I feel healthy feelings in my body here.”
- Beginning on your right side, place strong attention then concentration on the finger tips of your right hand. As you place concentration there, hold an intention to find inner peace.
- Holding the same intention, focus concentration on your right hand. Then move to your right arm. Move up to your arm pit. Hold strong concentration and an intention to find inner peace.
- Move your concentration to your right hip, and slowly move down the right leg all the way to your right foot and toes.
- Talke a few slow, calm, deep breaths. Rest your inner peace into your heart chakra area.
- Now repeat the same movement of concentration on your left side – finger tips, hand, arm, arm pit, hips, down the leg all the way to your toes.
- Breathe and relax. Now build concentration on the back of your body. Concentrate on the back of your head, your shoulders, your back, and your buttox.
- Take a few calm, slow, deep breaths. Go into your loving heart to find peace and equanimity.
- Now move into concentration on the front of your body. Begin with the right leg, then the left leg. Go to the right arm, then the left arm. Focus on the whole back of the body, then focus on the whole front of the body.
- Be one with your whole relaxed body. BE your relaxed body.
- If you wish add a pleasant image; use your mind and imagination and begin to hold a half-smile.
- Now slowly – very slowly – begin to stretch out your relaxed body.
- Roll over onto your side, and move into a fetal position. REST!
- Now end Yoga Nidra by slowly – very slowly – moving into a sitting position. Now slowly stand up and be still. Simply be aware of what you, your body, and your mind feel like at this moment in time and space.
By Anthony R. Quintiliani, PhD., LADC
Author of Mindful Happiness
CLICK HERE or any image below to Order