Mindful Leadership Skills:
How to Lead in Wise Mind Ways
Researchers dealing with leadership skills have noted several acquired characteristics of effective leaders. These same skills may be used in spreading “the word” about how mindfulness and wise mind practices reduce stress reactivity, enhance compassion, and expand the possibilities for human happiness, inner peace and equanimity.
So here is the list. It has been compiled from research in The Harvard Business Review and other sources.
Effective leaders are able to:
1) Motivate others without fear of punishment;
2) Use helpful communications to influence others;
3) Build positive relationships, especially in goal-directed behavior and the development of others;
4) Act with integrity;
5) Practice and model adaptability;
6) Act to maintain good physical and emotional health, and help others with this goal;
7) Focus attention on customer and/or client needs;
8) Provide clear and helpful directions to others;
9) Provide direction and strategies to reach established goals;
10) Measure outcomes with good data;
11) Understand and Utilize systems theory;
12) Understand the influences within different and changing contexts (and cultures);
13) Use Best Practices in mindfulness and other areas, and adapt them as needed;
14) Use technology effectively;
15) Effectively use mindful attention, concentration, emotion regulation, and joy;
16) Practice compassionate leadership, influencing people with honey NOT fear.
Share your mindful leadership stories with us!
By Anthony R. Quintiliani, PhD., LADC
Author of Mindful Happiness
CLICK HERE to Order!