-The Word, Sound, Meditation, and Music are all Timeless
A Tribute to Elvis Presley and his Music
The word has been associated with human consciousness. The word requires the energy of sound to hear it. Meditation places us in a most receptive state of mind and body; it allows us to be open to our immediate experience. Music requires the word, sound, attention and emotional willingness to feel it’s meaning – sometimes in the most personal ways. Why note Elvis Presley on a site dedicated to mindfulness, meditation, and happiness? The answer is as clear as a Fall full moon! Elvis Presley and his wonderful music provided many benefits for those who listed with their hearts. Please consider the list of benefits below.
- His slower music calmed us when we were anxious, and his faster music stimulated us when we were sad or depressed.
- For some, his music provided reassurance when we were experiencing fear and insecurity.
- His great music lasted many, many years – it still lives on through the work of Elvis Tribute Artists. See the link below to be introduced to one of the BEST.
- In some ways his music helps us through the boring realities of the 1950’s as well as the challenges of the 1960’s. For some of us his music helped to activate us in the 1970’s. I remember being at Woodstock, New York, and I remember experiencing all that great music with a clear head and calm body. Music lives!
- Personally enjoyed music, and Elvis’ Spiritual Music in particular, may be therapeutic for ill children, suffering adults, and the challenged elderly. For whatever reasons, people feel better after listening toElvis Presley’s music – especially when performed by great musical tribute artists.
- Elvis Presley represented many things to many people. Two things he represented were tolerance and fairness. His open embrace of fairness and tolerance came when America was shaking in it’s foundations due to poverty, racism, political corruption, rampant greed, and endless wars! Unfortunately, all of these things still exist today.
- Elvis also represented and reminded all of us of human frailties, unhealthy habits of mind and emotion, and deep unhappiness. Some of these very real human conditions may have resulted in his own premature death. Today so many Americans self-medicate to feel slightly better or to forget problems they need to face. This failed effort to avoid and self-medicate is as old as our human history.
So, as you learn, practice, and enjoy the many PRACTICES and SKILLS presented on this site, you may just want to re-visit the music of Elvis Presley. Do it soon! His music may help connect you to your heart, soul, and spirit.
For a great experience with the music of Elvis Presley, contact Mike Slater at the link below.
By Anthony R. Quintiliani, PhD., LADC
Author of Mindful Happiness
CLICK HERE or any image blow to Order