Anahata – Heart Chakra Meditation Practice
Rumi noted that to reach the sky we must use our hearts.
The Heart Chakra is a very popular focus of meditation practice. Here we will simply review some characteristics and then move on to a meditation practice.
Specific characteristics: Green color, YAM sound (say at least three times with a soft A), sense of touch, located in center of chest (cardiac plexus and thyme area), and malachite or emerald stone.
Functional characteristics: Respiration, circulation, immune system, and life itself.
Emotional characteristics: openness, unconditional love, duty, devotion, peace, harmony, awakened compassion, and emotional consciousness.
Now for the meditation practice.
- Just rest in meditation on the breath just as it is now – just be aware. In and out. In and out.
- Now gently bring full attention to the feelings of a deeper, slower, more complete breath. In and out. In and out.
- Pay full attention to your heart chakra area, and bring full attention to it. If you wish, you may place both hands over your heart area.
- Breathe in green energy very slowly and deeply, and say YAM to yourself at least three times. Say it slowly.
- Go deeper with your emotional consciousness into your heart area. Appreciate it! Appreciate it!
- Use your imagination and breathe in the feelings of inner peace and harmony. In and out. In and out.
- Awaken your deeper emotional consciousness, and feel the sense of unconditional love for yourself and others. In and out. In and out.
- Now simply rest with yourself. Hold yourself emotionally in this unconditional love and inner peace.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW for the PDFWorksheet
By Anthony R. Quintiliani, PhD., LADC
Author of Mindful Happiness
CLICK HERE to Order!